Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Publix+CVS= $481.89 for $67.12

Can I just say that I heart CVS and Publix? I AGAIN had great trips at both of these places. It was dog food week at Publix:

This is 61 bags of dog food and they were $.49 each. That is 244 pounds of dog food for $29.89 (before tax). I was very excited. I have two big boys. This will last us around 14-20 weeks depending on what they eat. I also got:
I spent a total of $59.41 at Publix on $405.84 worth of stuff. (Mostly dog food). That was a savings of 85%
4 boxes of Ritz Munchables
4 boxes of Betty Crocker fruit snacks
4 bags of cheese
4 blocks of cheese
4 bags of Starburts
2 bags of Skittles
4 Weight Watchers Ice Creams
4 Beech Nut baby meals

At CVS: 



I got:
2 Colgate Toothbrushes
1 Halls Cough Drops
2 Axe Body Washes
2 Dove Men's Deodorant
3 boxes of Band Aids
4 Glade candle oil refills

Without any sales or coupons: $ $76.05
Out of pocket cost $$8.93
Extra Bucks Left Over $10.00 (I actually MADE $1.07)
Coupon Amount Used: 
Savings of 88%
Savings counting ECB left over: 100%
# of Transactions: 2

I had a pretty good weekend. My tip this week is to monitor Southern Savers for any great deals that are coming up. She can't tell you exactly what the deal will be but can tell you what coupons you need to print. However, for the dog food deal, she did say how much this would be because it was such a great deal. Also, she wanted everyone to have time to order the coupons. Not all coupons that are published come in the local newspaper. I bought the $2/1 coupons. I bought 100 of them for $15. So, if you add the $15 in to my total of dog food, it still makes each bag $.73..which is not bad. I haven't ever bought coupons until now. If I find really good ones, I will buy again if they make the price worth it.

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment