Friday, January 14, 2011

Our 3-4 Snow Days


Here in South Carolina, we don't get snow days. The conditions have to be PERFECT for us to even get an inch. So, imagine our surprise when we woke up to this Monday morning.

Yeah, we got six-nine inches this past week. The sun JUST CAME OUT YESTERDAY. Now, living in SC, we are not used to this much snow. We are used to having snow for about 24 hours...maybe 36...and then it being gone. Not so much this time. So, it was exciting at first...for like 36 hours...guess that is why it's gone by then. However, this snow has grown roots and planted itself to the ground. It's slowly melting and the roads are pretty much clear but it's still on the ground. I have learned that I am not "Northern" material...at all. I'm ready for my Southern weather again.

1 comment:

  1. As a teacher, snow days are double edged. It is a nice break, but we have to make them up. Last year, we had 8 snow days. We were supposed to be done with school on May 25th but ended up going till June 5. We have had only one so far this year

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete