Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Trip to Publix and Bilo

This is a picture of my trip to Publix and Bilo. I also went to a place called Bargain Foods. Bargain Foods is a place around where I live that sells overstock, damaged, or out of date stuff. I really love that place but you have to be really careful about what you get. Most of the stuff is good stuff, just marked down for whatever reason. I generally have a good idea what is a good price and what is not when I go there. Most of the time I can get some great prices there. Sometimes I have found that couponing is cheaper. At Bargain Foods today I spent $48.70 for around $70.00 worth of food. I'm not going to go into great detail about everything I got because I forgot to take a picture of it. Needless to say, I bought a whole host of stuff, mainly snack stuff. 

At Publix today, I paid $12.12 for $48.18. While that's not the best I have done, I got some stuff we needed along with some free stuff. 

My List: 
4 Marie Callendar Steamfresh meals
2 A-1 Steak Sauces
2 Gorton Shrimp Scampis
2 French's Mustard (Free)
2 Tasteful Selections Potatoes
I was also going to get some dog treats they had on sale but they were out. I got a rain-check for those.

At Bi-Lo, I paid $21.91 for $41.48 worth of stuff. I had to get some stuff that wasn't on sale so that kind of did me in here. 

My List: 
4 Lucky Charms
Drano (not on sale)
Paper Plates (on sale but no coupon)
2 Breakstone's Sour Cream
3 Borden Cheese
1 Sirloin Tip Steak (on sale, no coupon, dinner tonight)

I have done better at both of these places before. However, these trips aren't bad for the coupons I had and the fact that I haven't done this in a while. I'm happy with what I got and the price I paid. 

My Coupon Tip: 
Until you become accustomed to couponing, use the websites found in this post. These women who run these sites are "professionals" at this. Their coupon matchups and sales are on average 98% correct. They are also very detailed and specific about what to get. They also have tutorials and other "get you started" tools that first time couponers might find helpful. If you are like me, you appreciate the work being taken out of it. There are hundreds of these savings sites so just Google "coupon sites," "coupon savings," or something along those lines to find them. A lot of the times if you find one, there will be links to other ones. Look for one that you can relate to, you understand, and is easy for you. This isn't meant to be hard. 

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment