Friday, April 29, 2011

Going Into Heavy Counseling Again

I am going into counseling again. THANK GOD. I have been having what the counselor calls night terrors. These feel like panic attacks while I am sleeping and scare the ever living daylights out of me. I can pretty much control a panic attack by myself. However, when I wake up in a panic and feel like I have been shocked out of my sleep, that is not fun.

Counseling is a must for me still. I hate to admit that I haven't completely recovered from panic attacks. I still have times when I feel like the world is coming to an end or I'm having a heart attack. I understand these are symptoms of having a panic attack and anxiety. I know this. However, I still feel like I feel and I have to figure out how to not let it control my life. I am trying to release control, or the perceived control I have over myself, but it's going to be really hard. Journaling is going to be a big part of this. My counselor wants me to get a journal and keep a journal everyday. We are going to concentrate on the positive parts and what I am doing to take control over my life. I really look forward to this journey. I still have a ways to go but I know I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment