Sunday, April 3, 2011

CVS+Publix= Savings of 84%

I'm very excited (well, semi-excited) about my shopping trips this weekend. Publix was out of A LOT of stuff I was going to get. I got rainchecks for everything and hopefully can use them before the coupons expire.

Other than that, it was a good weekend.





This is my trip to Publix. I got:

1 Box of Welchs Fruit Snacks
6 Bags of Pretzel Crisps
1 Box of Scotties Tissue
2 Boxes of Entenman's snack cakes
2 Bags of Goldfish Grahams
4 Boxes of JollyTime popcorn

I paid $11.86 for $45.97. While this is not an incredible trip, I did get some things that I would not buy if they were not on sale and I had a coupon. This was a savings of 74% which is the lowest I have gotten in a while. But, they were out of the free stuff so I will get that later.

I also went to CVS this week:

I got:

2 Right Guard Body Wash
2 Gum Eez toothpicks things
2 Oral B toothbrushes (plus free little toothpastes)
2 Crest Pro Rinses
2 John Freida Products
1 Complete Multipurpose contact solution
3 Febreeze products
2 Colgate Toothpastes




Without any sales or coupons: $ 77.75
Out of pocket cost $ 8.49
Extra Bucks Left Over $15.99
Coupon Amount Used: 
Manufacturer: $ 22.99
CVS Coupons: $ 30.99
Savings of 89%
Savings counting ECB left over: over 100%
# of Transactions: 3

CVS paid me again this week to buy stuff in their store.  My out of pocket cost was $8.49. I got back $15.99 in ECBs. I made $7.50. Not too bad. Again, I bought stuff I did not need but I do know people who will need it. Just buying the stuff I did not need was worth it just to get the Febreeze. I love Febreeze but it's expensive. I also wanted some new shampoo to try. I was excited to get an "expensive" shampoo for really inexpensive. I mean, I got an $8 bottle of shampoo for nothing. So exciting.

I guess my tip for the week, since I do it so much myself, is to buy stuff that you know someone else will use, even if you won't. I have gotten toilet paper, paper towels, Febreeze, can drinks, and various other products just because I bought stuff I didn't need. The ECB system is set up to help you. Use it for your advantage and buy the stuff you actually need (when on sale and also getting ECBs back). Use the ECB system wisely and you will end up with all kinds of hygiene and household care stuff you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment