Sunday, February 27, 2011

$232.85 Worth of stuff...for $72.69...savings of 68%

I really had a great weekend at the stores this weekend. I enjoyed myself immensely. I am going to begin with my tip for the week instead of putting it at the bottom.....Try Drug Store shopping...but go slow. I think I have finally got the hang of "CVSing." I did really well this week. I started small a few weeks ago and have worked my way up. The Southern Savers CVS weekly ad gives scenarios that you can try. She lists simple transactions to start with then list the bigger transactions. I started small and have learned her way to do this. The key for drugstore shopping is to make the Extra Care Bucks (or whatever your store gives out) work for you. The beauty of CVS is you can use the ECBs to purchase more stuff to get more ECBs. Here is what I got this week:

You are seeing here $79.19 worth of stuff for a total of (after sales and coupons and ECB) $20.49 and I still have some ECBs left over. I saved 74%.  CVS was out of the FREE Oral B power toothbrushes today so I got a raincheck. I don't make special trips to a store. I will just get it next time I am there.

I also went to BiLo this week...twice. Once by myself and once with my mom. I purchased a few things each time.

This is the first visit. I spent $22.65 and got $52.99 worth of stuff. 

This is my visit #2. This is $35.91 worth of stuff for $15.37. Yes, I got more dog treats. Dog treats are generally pretty expensive (to be dog treats). Sometimes they range from $2.00-$10 for some bags. So, I get them when on sale and get enough to last for a while. Plus, my doggies love them. 

BiLo totals: $38.02 spent after coupons and sales, $88.90 before sales and coupons, savings of 61% 

And again Publix takes the prize for the most coupon friendly place. I LOVE PUBLIX. I got $65.12 worth of stuff for $14.18. WOW. That's a savings of 78%. Take advantage of those Publix coupons stacked with manufacturer coupons.

I hope everyone had a good week shopping. We are pretty stocked up on cereal, toothpaste, and dog treats. I will not be getting any of those things for a while unless they are free or a few cents short of free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment